top of page
Established 3 September 1962
Waitetuna School Events
- WeeklyWaitetunaEvery week Waitetuna School students have the opportunity to make a difference for their Environment. This ranges from eco-sourcing seeds and seedlings, growing these and planting in our community, testing our awa, keeping records to our Junior Room who head down to Totara Grove for Kura Ngahere
- Anzac day - April 25thRaglanEvery year our students make their own creative wreath and this is presented at the ANZAC ceremony in Raglan on ANZAC day.
- Term 1Waitetuna SchoolEach year all of our students have the opportunity to participate in our school Tryathlon. Held at school this is a great event that involves challenging yourself to do your personal best.
- Term 1Waitetuna SchoolSlip, slop and slap and get yourselves ready for a fun filled afternoon of water sports at Waitetuna School! Parents and caregivers bring your togs ready for some fun adult races!!
- Week 1, Term 4WaitetunaEvery year we hold an Agricultural Day at Waitetuna School. During the previous term children rare their own lamb, goat or calf and bring their pet animal to school for judging on the day. Ribbons are presented for rearing, leading, type and most obvious pet. All the community are welcome.
- Term 3Waitetuna
- Week 9, Term 3WaitetunaThis is a bi-annual event for Waitetuna School.
- Every term we aim to have tripsWaitetunaAt Waitetuna School we have a range of outside the classroom opportunities.
- Week 9, Term 2WaitetunaKi-o-rahi is an action packed Māori game that combines many different sports skills into one. It is based on a Māori legend and uses Māori words for positions and spaces.
- Term 3Waitetuna8 schools compete in this Inter School Country event: Raglan Area, Te Uku, Te Mata, Whatawhata, Te Kowhai, Rotokauri, Horotiu and Waitetuna.
- Term 1 or Term 4RaglanEvery year Waitetuna School goes to the beach for a range of different activities, from surfing to surf lifesaving.
- Each termWaitetunaEvery year Waitetuna School works with the Karioi project to learn about ways to look after our environment.
bottom of page